A Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is someone who has been trained to lead change programmes within businesses focussing on process improvement.
A Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is trained in several skill areas to ensure effective and sustainable change is delivered within an organisation.
The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is trained as an expert in the tools and techniques required to solve often complex business problems such as issues with the overall design of work as opposed to a small issue with one step of a process.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Upgrade training focuses on building on the core skills already taught at Green belt level. This tends to be in the following areas:
- Understanding Customer – The Black belt upgrade brings in a wider variety of methods that can be employed to develop a deeper understanding of the customer
- Measurement – focus on good measurement and different ways of measuring processes builds on what has been taught at Green belt level
- Project Selection – as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt there is a need to get involved in the overall selection of projects. The Black Belt Upgrade provides this
- Statistical Tests – This forms a large part of the Black belt Upgrade course as Black Belts need to be able to use data in many ways to draw the correct conclusions. There are literally hundreds of tests, charts, tables etc. that you could use to develop understanding of root causes. The Lean Six Sigma Black belt Upgrade course teaches delegates to know what tools to use and when so that the right level of analysis is incorporated into any project
- Leadership – If you have Black belts within your organisation you should expect strong leadership to be a core capability. Our Black Belt Upgrade training ensures a focus on this element throughout and with a specific module aligned to this core capability.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Upgrade training is about equipping Green Belts with additional knowledge, understanding and technical capability to begin making even greater impact back in the real world. If you’re looking to further invest in continuous improvement and continue making a significant impact on your business through real sustainable change, training colleagues to a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt level through a Black Belt Upgrade course is a great way to achieve that.