Digital Transformation has been a corporate buzz-term for the last 5 years.
Like any latest trend, people have taken an incredibly macro-level concept. They just throw it on any damaged business as the silver bullet we’ve all been waiting for to a point where most SME’s see digital transformation as a fairy tale.
Here’s 5 reason why it doesn’t work:
- Digital Transformation is not the collection of technology mashed together.
- There has been no strategy for change developed
- Senior Management have driven requirements rather than people on the ground
- The entire system of operations hasn’t been considered.
- They looked to emulate what their competition is doing
So, how to effectively execute your digital transformation strategy?
- Talk to your customers; both internal and external – what’s not working? Why doesn’t it work? What’s the impact?
- Test that what you have been told is correct. Have you observed this? Why did this happen?
- Tell your people what you have found. Create engagement.
- Develop short, medium- and long-term solutions with the business and customers.
- Test quickly – fail fast
- Measure the success – is this solving the problems diagnosed at the start?
For more information, please contact us via our website at www.leanconsulting.com. Alternatively, follow us on social media for tips, insights and updates!